Sacramento lawmaker unveils $5 million for safety improvements on Folsom Boulevard

Source: Michael McGough: Sacramento Bee

“The loss of Lupe Jimenez Brown is a tragedy and my condolences go out to the Brown family,” McCarty said in a prepared statement. “It’s important Sacramento’s pedestrians and cyclists are safe while using busy crosswalks and bike lanes.”

A California lawmaker has announced the city of Sacramento will receive $5 million for safety improvements on Folsom Boulevard, including a stretch of the roadway in East Sacramento where a mother was struck and killed while picking her daughter up from Phoebe Hearst Elementary School earlier this year. State Assemblyman Kevin McCarty, D-Sacramento, unveiled the new state funding on Tuesday. The funds will go toward reducing lanes of Folsom Boulevard between 58th and 65th streets “to calm traffic and reduce conflict points,” McCarty’s office said in a news release.

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/transportation/article267887382.html#storylink=cpy